- DCE Home
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Contact Us
Glenn Haley, MBA
Sr. Business Manager – Local Support Team
Dynamic contributor with a diverse, multifunctional background and proven results in new product
development, process improvement, team building and customer service. Accomplished planner; expert
in orchestrating multiple concurrent projects in a rigorous matrix environment where schedules,
requirements and resources are always evolving due to changing business priorities. Broadly
knowledgeable, supportive and respectful team leader, trainer and mentor. Adaptable problem solver with
an easy grasp of sophisticated business requirements, a positive attitude and a constant ROI focus.
|AT&T SERVICES, INC., St. Louis, MO||2000-present|
- Hold a leadership role in developing new products and platforms that position AT&T as the industry’s premier global network provider and promise aggressive revenue growth despite intense competition.
Senior Business Manager (11/09–Present)
Local Support Team Lead. Support the Network Solutions Support (NSS) organization in the Project Management Process. Overall support of the organization of 1,400 individuals. Implemented an NSS wide monthly communications call. Work with the various individual and leadership to improve the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) scores, Project On Time Delivery, and Project Budget Spend within the organization.
Managed a team to create the ISES SQM PMO Front Door with an aggressive timeline. The Front Door ensures out-year support has been properly accounted for in the project estimates and will quantify costs associated with SQM implementation and on-going production support. ISES projects will be managed by Project Managers out of the Front Door.
Senior Program Manager (12/08–11/09)
Program Manager for the Uverse Re-engineering 2.0 Program. Significantly improved quality, decreased costs, reduced order fallout, & improved flow-through in our U-Verse provisioning fallout centers. Made dramatic improvements in speed-to-market & reductions in cycle time from the normal 13 month major release cycle to an average of only 3 months for 50+ high complexity projects (overall IT effort of over 50K hours plus fixed dollars for IT vendors and ITO totaling $6.3M cost). Demonstrated innovation & ingenuity working with client’s Center Support, Field Operations, & 5 different vendors (Telcordia, Cognizant, Infosys, Accenture, ATG) to prioritize 50+ projects, develop schedules, deliver on-time and within budget. The program focused on results and achieved $13.8M in benefits for first year of the program (2009) with additional savings of $30+M annually. The benefits were achieved by enhancing existing systems as well as developing new tools for our U-Verse Centers that focus on high payoff scope & quick delivery.
Senior Program Manager (5/06–12/08)
Manage upgrades/releases to InCharge enterprise business service management system for three associated programs: Lightspeed (U-Verse integrated services initiative), SEI (Bell South business integration) and IPDSLAM (DSL access). Develop project scopes, budgets and schedules; orchestrate project assignments of 3,000 to 20,000 man-hours following proprietary Express One methodology. Coordinate with internal vendor manager to assure timely acquisition of software needed to provide added functionality/capabilities and active participation in developing Unified Requirements Definitions. Communicate with technical and business stakeholders routinely via weekly status reports. Manage risks/issues and jeopardies as they arise, relying on conference calls to preempt budget, schedule and quality deficiencies. Work in close cooperation with Network Software Solutions and Lightspeed Project Management Offices to coordinate requirements.
Manage the change control process with affiliated project managers to identify outstanding Express One issues, monitor momentum towards benchmarks and goals, and keep associates on task.
- Provide directional leadership and technical guidance to 23 project managers executing concurrent projects in support of mission-critical business/technology initiatives. Fulfill administrative, problem/issue resolution and process functions.
- Manage multiple change requests for new functionality and overall schedules in line with changing business priorities for overlapping projects budgeted at $15 million.
Area Manager (Senior Business Manager)/SBC Operations Inc. Build & Inventory 4/04–5/06
- Delivered groundbreaking applications reflecting clear technology leadership in the burgeoning VoIP market that also hold potential for added revenue via co-marketing opportunities.
Played a pivotal role in developing new Complex Translation Tool (CTT), delivering dramatic network performance improvements enabling integrated VoIP services for consumers and businesses. Led complex, highly technical requirements analysis effort in partnership with IT, vendors, business units and multiple internal departments. Managed an 8-member project team using Teradata, Oracle, UNIX, Java and SQL tools/technologies.
Directed the vendor selection process, quote requirements, cost/benefit analysis and Schedule of Authorization (SOA) from procurement through implementation. Administered external development contracts for ancillary applications using CTT.
- Identified optimal IT partner for CTT development and played a pivotal role in developing/enhancing two new VoIP products: HIPCS (Siemens/Sylantro network), providing comprehensive VoIP solutions for business customers, and CVoIP for IMS (Lucent) platform, providing integrated consumer services.
- Managed vendors including British Telecom, Automated Imaging, Siemens, Lucent and HP.
Team Leader – Applications Development/SBC (11/00–4/04)
- Entered an unfamiliar environment, quickly grasped the technology and implemented simple procedures delivering dramatic time, productivity and cost improvements.
Hired to review/redesign/convert legacy applications to current (PowerBuilder) technology. Led an evolving team of up to 10 onsite and offshore resources engaged in full lifecycle development of decision support tools, applications and bug fixes in a mainframe (MVS) environment. Built, documented and managed applications using JCL, Teradata, Oracle, UNIX, ColdFusion, SQL, Focus, SAS, Assembler, REXX and PowerBuilder. Executed application disaster recovery exercises and updated relevant Application Recovery Manuals (ARMS).
- Led development of IMRR/DSS application facilitating regulatory reporting for the wholesale market.
- Saved $300,000 in payroll and eliminated 89% of reports generated through SMART/FIXITS application by automating key process and culling distribution.
|TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS INC., St. Louis, MO||1997–2000|
Researched, identified and resolved issues using AS/400, CL, SDA, Oracle, UNIX, SQL, Focus and PowerBuilder systems, tools and technologies to develop new public-sector product for Magellan Behavioral Health and enable ERP solution for Mallinckrodt Inc.
|RALSTON PURINA, St. Louis, MO||1995–1997|
Lead Programmer Analyst
Led full lifecycle development projects impacting performance measurement and business integration. Supervised 5 junior colleagues.
- Set up and installed AS/400 with BPICS, PRISM, security and communications for new plant.
- Standardized coding procedures, improving internal control over the software development process and delivering $60,000 in cost savings by allowing in-house application development/enhancement.
- Delivered 12-month Efficiency Reporting System project on time and on budget.
Prior software development experience in financial, industrial, finance and aviation environments.
|MISSOURI SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, Rolla, MO
(formerly known as University of Missouri–Rolla)
Instruct graduate-level classes based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) also classes for Total Quality Management.
PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS
Education Committee: AT&T Project Management Network; Project Management Institute
2012 AT&T QI12 Award for the Implementation of the ISES SQM PMO Front Door
2009 AT&T CIO Award for Program Management of the Uverse Re-engineering Program
TRAINING & EDUCATION
M.P.M., with distinction, Keller Graduate School of Management, St. Louis, MO, 1999
B. S., Business Administration, Emphasis: Marketing, University of Missouri–St. Louis, 1986
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
M.B.A., Emphasis: Finance, Maryville University, St. Louis, MO, 1994