- DCE Home
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Contact Us
Christopher J. Merz
Dept: Computer Science
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Engineering Education Center St. Louis
8001 Natural Bridge Rd.
St. Louis, 63121-4499
Phone: (314) 516-5431
Ph.D. Information and Computer Science
University of California - Irvine: Year 1998
Research emphasis: Machine Learning, Data Mining
M.S. Computer Science
University of Missouri-Rolla: Year 1991
Research emphasis: Automated Reasoning
B.S. Computer Science
University of Missouri-St. Louis: Year 1989
Consultant/Software Engineer, MasterCard International, O’Fallon, MO, (2001 – present)
- Developed and applied statistical, data mining, and machine learning algorithms to applications in the credit card industry..
Knowledge Discovery Engineer, Angara E-Commerce Services, Mountain View, CA, (2000-2001)
- Developed and deployed advanced data mining and targeted marketing algorithms for website targeting.
Computer Scientist, NASA Ames Research Center, Mountain View, CA, (1999-2000)
- Developed and analyzed algorithms for intelligent, adaptive network routing.
Staff Scientist, HNC Software, San Diego, CA, (1998-1999)
- Transaction-based modeling for fraud and credit risk. Technology development for advanced data mining algorithms.
Software Engineer, Boeing Company (McDonnell Douglas), St. Louis, MO, (1987 – 1992)
- Designed, implemented, and applied advanced machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for aerospace applications.